Welarm staff have designed and managed a wide variety of remediation programs, which were necessary to address unacceptable risks from contamination. We are well placed to provide a diverse range of remediation services in consideration of clients’ requirements for the protection of human health and the environment, addressing environmental liabilities, maximising land values, protecting clients’ corporate image, addressing community stakeholder concerns, and complying with prevailing regulatory requirements.
The array of remediation services we offer include the following:
- Remediation feasibility assessments;
- Development of risk-based clean up criteria through specialised Risk Assessments;
- Preparation of Remediation Action Plans (RAPs);
- Tender management;
- Contractor management;
- Soil remediation design and implementation;
- Groundwater remediation design and implementation;
- Soil vapour / landfill remediation design and implementation;
- Human health and ecological risk assessments;
- Asbestos management; and
- Development of ongoing Site Management Plans (if required).
As part of each remediation project, our strategy typically includes the following key aspects:
- Identification of remedial goals and objectives that address clients’ and relevant stakeholders’ requirements.
- Assessment and comparison of suitable risk management and physical remediation strategies and technologies, with an evaluation of:
- Technical feasibility;
- Estimated financial costs;
- Time requirements;
- Post-remediation outcomes;
- Environmental sustainability; and
- Requirements for ongoing management.
- Preparation of strategic Site Management / Remediation Action Plans incorporating risk-based clean up methodologies and site-specific clean up criteria.
- Field works and management services for implementing the approved remediation plan.
- Preparation of reporting documentation (monitoring and / or validation) to address regulatory and stakeholder requirements.