We are experienced in undertaking preliminary site inspections and desktop reviews to identify areas of mining operations and mine support industries with significant potential for contamination risks. We have developed contamination liability risk matrices for mining clients and subsequently designed targeted soil and groundwater investigation programs in consideration of operational, rehabilitation and / or mine closure requirements. Where required, Welarm can liaise with regulators, CS Auditors and other stakeholders to progress the needs of clients and avoid timely delays during approval processes.
Recent experiences have included:
- Assessments of tailing storage facilities (TSF);
- Assessing the nature and extent of particulate deposition (metals and NORM);
- Determination of site-specific radiological background conditions for assessment of radiological exposure risk and development of appropriate screening criteria;
- Investigation of surface water and groundwater impacts associated with mining operations across multiple water bearing units;
- Assessment of contamination associated with facility infrastructure; and
- Development of a working environmental management plan (EMP) for a site under Care and Maintenance.